Monday, January 03, 2005

New Year Resolution

A friend of mine (he wanted his name to stay anonymously) suggested a self-check as a new year resolution, so after answering all those weird questions of his, I actually did a self-check for myself. He listed out a few weak points that I am having:

-not cute enough.
Ok.. this is a hard one. I am not cute at all in default. But he was just comparing me with someone ma.. so I just assume that I am cute in others' eyes. No change is needed.

-too bold for a lady.
I admit sometimes I reacted boldly but it was just because of the timidity of those people around me. Am I too good to always trouble myself in making decisions for them? So I guess it's good to keep up my boldness. No change is needed.

- quite 'nan kang' (cantonese)
Ok.. I am not sweet and I am way too spicy... that's why he said I am not eatable. This statement actually hit me badly on my head and I never knew that I am that 'nan kang'. No wonder till now still 'mou yan hao' la.. Okok.. really need improvement on this. I guess tomorrow I will go and buy a few dozens of honey and apply on my body. Like that eatable le kua?

After the three weak points he stated, I actually ended this topic because I think I can accept strikes no more. 23 years being the person I am now, is it possible to change my personality just like that? Man.. I am just a human who is inhaling the same amount of oxygen as you are. So people, please stop digging other's weak points and start appreciating the specialties of every single creature.


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, don't look at it that way fang fang, sometimes exposing your weakpoints can only mean that you can improve yourself further. be optimistic about it, look at it on the bright side. don't take grudge so easily. humans must constantly improve themselves. and you live your own life, no one can tell u to do what you can or what you can't do. thats what make us all unique don't u agree? ;)

Fang Fang said...

Yea.. we need improvement always which make us better and bette though sometimes ppl around us doesn't seem to appreciate the effort we made.. thanks anonymous :) (do u mind to disclose your identity? ;p)

Anonymous said...

I believe there are people out there who appreciates you for what you've done and I personally think you don't have to change anything about yourself as that's who you are and that's what makes you special.

You're not cute but you're uniquely beautified, you're a standout from everyone else and that's why someone might think you're too bold and lastly you're not "nan kang", but think of yourself as "exotic" like for example durians, not everyone likes it, it's thorny, it doens't look very pretty but once you learn to appreciate it, you regard it as the King of all fruits as in your case, Queen of all females??? I don't know if you like durians but I do *wink* *grin*

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you don't remember me. I'm Paoster. ;)

Fang Fang said...

Paoster? Is that a nickname or something else? Hm.. sorry had been quite absent-minded lately.. do you mind to elaborate more about yourself? maybe contact me personally.

Fang Fang said...

hey.. is paoster your nickname or what?

Anonymous said...

Please do not confuse me (the durian anonymous) with Paoster haha, I am another anonymous, forgive me but I do not have a Blog account so I have to settle fo an Anonymous identity.

Fang Fang said...

durian anonymou: ok then let me guess. you are someone i know? :D

Anonymous said...

durian : my identity is for me to know and for you to find out :P

AL said...

hie..alan leow here from CCF...
what makes you different of others in my eyes are:-
1.your Cuteness when you had fun and when your seriuosness when it's formal matter(like test)
2.your boldness--you know what? Boldness is characteristic that not much ppl will have.Only losers can't accept bold ppl besides them
3.what's "nan kang"? anyway...you are sweet and lovely...wait patiently and he will comes your way someday sometime..."Time" is not a factor when it is compared to a "lifetime commitment".

:)

how are you ohh now???

Fang Fang said...

Wei Alan!!
i am so so so much better now!! :D
thanks for everything. and i know you just get yourself a blogspot right? hehe..
miss u man.. miss our old days..

AL said...

Dont just miss the good old days...chee meng and i plan to have a farewell for li chen..a simple one...plan to have it on weekdays ..is that possible with you? before the 29 Jan...i suggest tuesday~! 25th