Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Dream-ing

Being slightly slacky today, I just happened to have a conversation in IM with a colleague, who's gonna leave the company soon. Before that I thought that he quited just because of a simple reason, he is bored of his job. But after this chat session, he led me into a deep thought. He is one such dauntless guy, who is brave enough to make the decision that he thinks is right. We all know that the job we are doing isn't suitable and lead to nowhere, and is far from what we really want. But, I chose to bear with it, as I really don't have the courage to take any risk. I can't afford to leave this multinational company which has about 91,000 employees worldwide, to seek for what I always wanted.

"I don't have to care what others are thinking. I am responsible on my own life. If someone doesn't agree with what you are doing, it doesn't mean that you are wrong, it's just that they don't understand what you are doing."

This guy who's one year younger than me, he can think even wiser. But yet, I can't make any decision yet. Maybe after today I am one step closer to my dream, and I become more certain on what I want, but it's still not the time yet. Though, all the politics, back-stabbers, kiasu people, I have had enough. For now, I just hope that those that care for me can understand and appreciate what I am doing, and know how hard I am struggling, wishing to reach the right bank.

When I am on the right track, that's gonna be the beginning of the new stage of my life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I don't have to care what others are thinking. I am responsible on my own life (this is not true when you are attached or have a family to take care, human can't be too selfish). If someone doesn't agree with what you are doing, it doesn't mean that you are wrong (it doesn't mean that you are right too), it's just that they don't understand what you are doing"

just a soft reminder: making your dream come true is nothing wrong, just that we can't be too selfish until you don't care what others thinking, especially your be-loved one or someone who care bout you ;)

Fang Fang said...

"responsible on my own life" - of course your life is including your family. That young guy is actually married and he is holding more responsibilities than I do. He has chosen to quit it's barely because of his family, his future, and himself. He made the decision after balancing all the concerns. And I couldn't make any decision yet, cause I am not finish balancing, and I too care what others are thinking, of course especially my beloved one and everyone who cares about me. I never meant to be selfish, just hope that they can understand me, and not selfish either.

Anonymous said...

You are still very young, if now is not the time to take risks, how many more years do you wanna wait?

Being unselfish is the right thing to do, but that does not mean you should compromise your own dream for the sake of others. Fact is, people in your life come and go, but your life is yours to live, and you only live once.

life is like walking a tightrope: you need to balance, but you also need to move forward at the same time so you don't fall.

Wukaneld said...

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you'll never know what you're gonna get."

Sometimes doing thing right doesn't mean that you are doing the right thing.

As time goes by, maybe one will realise that the most important thing in life isn't the one he was seeking in the old days.

We can only do the thing we think is right, and it might take a great deal of supports from people around you to make a decision but the one who makes decision and responsible for it is you and not any of them.

All you need is a well-pondered decision which leads you to the correct path of your life, something we all wishing you.