Tuesday, September 20, 2005

What day is today?

What's the day that you dislike most in a week? Well.. for a stucked-in-work person like me, most probably you will give me a prompt response of Monday, Tuesday or both. I always find myself having severe difficulty in exhibiting my luminous eyes for at least a day or two after the long weekends. I can hardly make them wide-opened. Even with a sufficient amount of workload in hand to keep me busy with, I will still fail to battle the attack of my drowsiness, and tend to doze off in front of the PC. The huge contrast between the slackly weekends and the tedious weekdays explains why I dislike Monday and Tuesday so much.

Or I should say, disliked.

Today, is another disasterious Tuesday. I started to complain about how mad I am feeling today to someone, till I asked that person in return how he is feeling about the beginning of the week. When I started to expect him to be like a typical workperson, hating all the Mondays and Tuesdays, he actually came out with something, quite enlightening.

"I do look foward for weekends," he said. "But I don't hate Monday and Tuesday either. I treasure my everyday."

I was wordless, in a sudden. I saw myself shrinking, and accusing myself why I can't be as sensible as he is. That's so true. Time, which is the most precious of all, should be cherished with our utmost effort, but not be wasted in all the frets and glooms. Come to think of how those grievous illed people struggling to earn their time to stay alive, you should know by now, treasure your everyday as if it's your last day.

I see a difference in me. From now on, everyday is Sunday.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like 'everyday is Sunday'.
that's the conclusion for the whole article ;)

Anonymous said...

if everyday also sunday.....then no special alr la.... no weekends to look forward to liao.... then lagi sian!!!! haha

Fang Fang said...

'Everyday is Sunday' means we should spend our everyday in joyous mood. Weekdays are still as tedious, but if you spend them in a delighted way, it does bring a difference. Of course, weekends can never be the same as weekdays. :D

Anonymous said...

but i still like FRIDAY NITE the best!!! SATURDAY also not bad...sunday is not really tat good la, hav to tune my mood back to "pia" mode liao...=P

Anonymous said...

Everyday is a good day, when that special someone is around, if not, you still have that 'sunday'. Conclusion, there isn't any bad hair day. :D

Fang Fang said...

so what's the difference between 'Everyday is a good day, when that special someone is around' and 'if not, you still have that 'sunday''? do you mean that without that someone you still can have your 'sunday'?

Anonymous said...

ohh, this you have to ponder yourself :P